General Questions


What type of gates, fence panels and railings are available to buy online?

Metal Gates Direct are specialists in wrought iron style metal gates suitable for any residential application. Within our large range of products sourced from a leading UK manufacturer we have hundreds of possible size and design configurations including;


Click here to buy garden gates online  Side Gates For Sale in a Range of Sizes  Click here to view driveway gates in our online store

Wrought Iron Estate Gates For Sale  Metal Railings  Buy Metal Fencing Direct


So whether you are looking to buy Double Gates to secure the drive or Pedestrian Gates to secure a path we are guaranteed to have the right items for sale at some of the most competitive online prices in the UK.


How are the products constructed?

Our range of products are constructed to industry leading standards to ensure strength, rigidity, durability and beauty. With many of our Wrought Iron Gates  handmade in the UK using a variety of traditional techniques you can be sure you will only receive products of the highest quality that have passed the manufacturers rigorous quality inspections.


What finishes are available?

Unless stated otherwise within the product description standard size products for sale on this website are supplied primed black. This means you will need to paint the gates, fencing or railings prior to them being exposed to the elements. As an optional extra we are able to offer factory finished gates in the following options

  • Wet painted
  • Powder coated
  • Zinc plated and powder coated (electro galvanised)
  • Hot dip galvanised and powder coated

For more information on non standard paint finishes contact Metal Gates Direct using the Enquiry Form or call now on 0844 804 5577 to discuss your options.

Please be aware that If you require a made to measure product, these items will always be supplied in black primer unless you specifically request a different finish.


Is there an installation service available?

At this time we do not offer an installation service. 95% of our customers will fit the products on a DIY basis. The other 5% will generally use a builder or tradesman to fit the items for them.


What sizes are available?

To cater for the largest number of customers possible we have hundreds of size options available. To find out the size options available in your preferred design simply navigate to the correct product page within our online store and select the options within the drop down menu. Where made to measure gates, fencing and railings are required we can have these manufactured in an endless selection of sizes up to 6000mm and 2100mm high.


Are the hinges, latch and fittings included?

Fittings are supplied with all gates and railings with the exception of the HENLEY, VERONA, WESTON & WARWICK designs. Thee four designs require the addition of a fittings pack to enable them to be installed.


How do I maintain the products?

Pre finished items will be sent to you painted in a black powder coated finish. Under normal circumstances these should not require any maintenance for a number of years.

Gates, fence panels and railings supplied in a black primer finish will need to be painted immediately prior to or after installation to prevent rust appearing. They will also need to be repainted every couple of years to ensure they remain looking their best.


Are metal gates suitable for automation?

Whilst many of our products are suitable for automation, we do not supply the automation kits. These are available to purchase online from many other specialist companies.


What other products are available?

In addition to our vast range of Metal Gates, we also stock an excellent range of Wrought Iron GatesGarden GatesPedestrian GatesResidential Gates and Double Gates